Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Nuestra Señora de los Remedios de Malate

Our Lady of Remedies was the title given to our Blessed Virgin Mary by the devotees who attributed their fast recovery through her intercession.

Our Lady of Remedies also known as Nuestra Señora De Los Remedios was first installed in the Malate Church by the Augustinian priests in 1624, which attracted many devotees. Young Filipino mothers recovering from childbirth or with sick children would come to pray for fast recovery. The practice became habitual through the passing of years and the image came to be known as the Virgin of Remedies and Patroness of Mothers and Children. Devotes would come to the church and offer gifts and prayers in thanksgiving for the favors they received.







 

NOVENA TO
OUR LADY OF REMEDIES

Patron Of The Church Of Malate

INTRODUCTION

The Venerated Image of the Blessed Virgin, under the title of Our Lady of Remedies, was brought from Spain by an Augustinian priest, Fr. Juan de Guevara, about the end of the XVIth century. From that time the faithful have displayed a great love and devotion for this statue which is very graceful in its lines and though small (about two feet in height) its beauty is most striking.

The faith and devotion of the people of Malate have very frequently been rewarded with great favours from heaven. And not only the people of Malate but also many others who have come from varied and remote places in the Islands, to venerate in this church the Blessed Virgin under the title of Our Lady of Remedies.

The Image has aroused no little devotion and our hearts rejoice to observe the increasing number of people who come every Saturday from all over Manila and elsewhere, to hear Mass in the Church of Malate. Mothers bring their little ones to offer them to the Blessed Virgin and to place them under her care and protection.

HOW TO MAKE THE NOVENA

Those who wish to make the Novena should go to confession and receive Holy Communion at least once during the nine days - if possible they should receive every day - thus putting themselves into the best dispositions possible and increasing their confidence in the Blessed Virgin Mother, who will surely grant their petition if such be not against God’s Holy Will.

The Novena can be made at any time during the year, especially before Feast of the Sovereign Queen, but the most appropriate time is in preparation for the Feast of the Most Sweet Mother of Remedies, which is celebrated each year in the Church of Malate, on the Sunday before the first Sunday of Advent.

If you are unable to make the Novena in the Church, it could be made in your home, before an Image of Our Lady, saying the special prayers; cultivating in her honour the virtue of chastity; avoiding mortal sin; mortifying the senses; and endeavouring to consecrate oneself entirely to God.

In such holy dispositions, we begin the Novena by making the sign of the Cross and reciting the following act of Contrition.

ACT OF CONTRITION

My Lord and my God: Prostrate at Thy Sacred Feet, and penetrated with a deep and heartfelt sorrow, I humbly yet confidently have recourse to Thee, I, Thy servant, who have so many times offended and despised Thee by my sinful actions. I come to Thee now, O Lord, repentant and contrite, imploring Thy mercy and pardon. Thou hast promised to have pity on me and to pardon me, if I purpose the true amendment of my life.

I have a deep regret, dear Lord, for having so little corresponded with the many great favors Thou hast granted me during the course of my life; and I deeply grieve for having offended Thee, from whom I have received nothing but graces and blessings despite my many grave faults.

My Lord and my God, you have suffered for me; you have shed your blood for me in those terrible torments on the Cross. To give me life, Thou hast laid down Thy life, and with Thy precious blood Thou hast cleanest my soul so often tarnished by sin.

How many favours, how many gifts have you bestowed on me! And yet to such great love and mercy I have responded with black ingratitude and rank disloyalty.

Forgive me, dear Lord and God; I firmly purpose to amend my life, with the Aid of Thy divine grace. Through the merits of Thy Sacred Passion and Death, grant me pardon, dear Jesus. From this day forward, I resolve no longer to sin, but to love Thee only in return for Thy great love.

PRAYER TO OUR LADY

(To be said every day of the Novena after the Act of Contrition).

O Great and Sovereign Virgin Mary of Remedies, abundant and ever-flowing fountain of mercies, before whom the angels and saints bow down, in thy presence I prostrate myself with deep reverence, I, who am the most ungrateful creature, and I beg of Thee to look down in pity upon this, thy devoted child. And in order to constrain Thee the more, O Most Pure Mother of Sinners, Comfort of the Afflicted, and Helper in all our needs, I proclaim myself thy humble slave. Aid me and protect me, that I may serve Thee well, and that I may obtain what I ask for in this Novena - if it be according to the Will of thy Son, Jesus, and for Thy Honour and glory. Amen.

Then follows each day a special prayer to Our Lady of Remedies. After this special prayer, the following is said:

O Virgin Mary, Queen of Heaven and Mother of God, in deep and humble submission I beseech Thee to intercede with Thy Divine Son, that He may grant the many petitions which I humbly present to Him - the conversion of unbelievers - the extension of the Holy Church - steadfast zeal amongst the faithful - concord between Christian nations - health to the sick - relief to the infirm - courage to those who are dying - and peace throughout the world.

For myself I pray that I may progress in holiness and in the love of virtue and that I may ever abhor sin and avoid vicious habits. I implore the grace of being well prepared at the time of death, and when I must render the strict accounting at my Judgment, may you be there, dear Mother, to bless and support me; so that afterwards I may be accounted worthy to enter thy Court in Heaven, where Thou reignest as Queen and may enjoy the felicity of thy company in union with the Father Almighty and the Holy Spirit, for ever and ever. Amen.

Nine Our Fathers, Hail Marys, and Glory be to the Fathers are then recited, to conclude the devotions each day.

FIRST DAY

O Mother of Mercy and Consoler of the afflicted, Ornament of Virgins and the Purest of Creatures, I salute Thee, O Sovereign Queen: I praise and glorify Thee because from the very first instant of Thy conception, Thou wast filled with grace. Through this wonderful privilege of Thine, O dearest Mother, grant that, by thy kind intercession, I may be free from sin and that my heart may be ever filled with an earnest desire to serve Thy Son, my Creator, faithfully, and to be always thy obedient servant also, O Mary, my Mother. May the favours I ask of Thee during this Novena redound unto the glory of God and unto Thine Honour. Amen.

SECOND DAY

O Virgin Mary of Remedies, a second Abigail, in thy beauty and prudence, model, of all who serve the Lord and most perfect of all creatures. I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because, just as the beautiful clear dawn announces the rising of the resplendent sun, so Thy own birth heralded the coming of the Divine Jesus, Thy beloved Child, Our Saviour.

O sweetest Mother, happy Precursor of Thy dear Son, grant that Thy unblemished wisdom may illuminate my mind so that thus enlightened, I may welcome Jesus within my soul and keep Him always close to my heart. May He graciously bestow upon me the blessings I ask for during this Novena, if such be agreeable to the Divine Son, who liveth and reigneth in the unity of the Father and the Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen.

THIRD DAY

Most Clement Mary, most amiable and gracious Mother, wise Teacher of the Church’s Doctors and more learned in divine knowledge than all of them together, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because Thou wast presented to God in the Temple, though you were yourself the most beautiful and most worthy Temple of the Blessed Trinity.

By the unutterable joy you experienced when you found the Child Jesus amongst the doctors in the Temple, I entreat Thee, gracious Lady, to present me to my sovereign Lord in this life, so that I may praise Him eternally in the next.

Dearest Mother, grant unto me the petitions I present to you during this Novena, if such be according to the Will of God. Amen.

FOURTH DAY

Most powerful Virgin, Strength of the Martyrs, and Thyself the most courageous of all, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because by Divine Providence you were wedded to the glorious St. Joseph yet lived a virginal and celestial life; I beg of Thee through the merits of thy chaste Spouse that you will obtain from Thy Divine Son, Jesus, the grace of my soul to attain to such purity, that I may be worthy to be His beloved one by grace. Further I beseech Thee, O Purest Virgin, that I may dwell hereafter, in Thy serene presence and may raise my voice in canticles of honour to Thee forever. Amen.

FIFTH DAY

Virgin most Holy, crowned with the stairs, kind Mother of the Holy Apostles, Chosen Vessel, excelling all God’s elect, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because you were selected to be the Mother of the Divine Word, who became man in Thy pure virginal womb; thus raising Thee to the most exalted dignity on earth, whilst Thou, dear Sovereign Queen, didst profess Thyself as merely the Handmaid of the Lord. I beg of Thee, dear Virgin Mother, to give me a share in the sublime humility whereby Thou didst merit to be the Mother of God, that thus I may be accounted to be, by grace, Thine own dear child. May the favours I seek during this novena redound unto the glory of God and unto Thine honour. Amen.

SIXTH DAY

Most Holy Virgin, Queen of Prophets, you were as a Light shining clear and bright, guiding those inspired men of God. As a docile instrument of the Holy Spirit Thou didst Thyself resound with inspired words, more sweetly sounding and melodious than the prophecies of old. I salute Thee, O Mary, and I praise Thee for the great charity which prompted Thee to travel to a mountainous country to visit Thy cousin, St. Elizabeth, and to await the birth of her son, St. John the Baptist, who was destined to be the Great Prophet and Precursor of Thine own Divine Child. And so, on account of Thee, Immaculate Mother, the child was sanctified, and his mother, St. Elizabeth, was filled with the Holy Spirit.

I entreat Thee to visit me often, O Powerful Queen, and guard me so that Thy gracious presence may banish the depressing darkness of sin and that my soul may be filled with the glowing light of the Divine Spirit.

May the blessings I seek in this Novena redound unto the glory of God and unto Thine own honour. Amen.

SEVENTH DAY

Virgin most lovable, filled with infinite graces, Renowned Queen of Patriarchs, and more fruitful of good works than all men, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because of Thy ready obedience to the edict of the Emperor, to go to distant Bethlehem, where, under conditions of abject poverty, Thou gavest birth to Thy Son, the Eternal King, the only-begotten of God the Father. A deserted cave was Thy only dwelling and the Divine Babe rested in a lowly manger; but from that humble abode Thou didst fill the heavens and the earth with rejoicings, and the angels and men with gladness and happiness.

By that unutterable joy which Thy pure heart felt in that blissful hour, I implore of Thee, O Sovereign Queen, to grant me the grace of imitating closely Thy most willing obedience.

The favours I ask for during this Novena, may they redound to the glory of God and to Thine own honour. Amen.

EIGHTH DAY

Most glorious Virgin Mary, full of grace, Queen of the Angels, surpassing them in power and privileges, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee because, during Thy exile in the land of Egypt, an angel of the Lord appeared unto Thee and directed Thee to return with Thy chaste spouse, St. Joseph, and Thy Divine Child, to Nazareth.

I beg of Thee, O Mary, the second Esther, to grant me the grace that after the labours, anxieties, and hostilities of this life, Thou mayest lead me to the domain of the Blest, to that safe and secure haven where Thou dwellest in glory.

May the petitions I present to Thee, dear Mother, redound unto the exaltation of God and unto Thine own honour. Amen.

NINTH DAY

O Sovereign Queen of Heaven, Mary most holy, Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, sanctified and exalted above the whole hierarchy of Heaven, I salute Thee, O Mary; and I praise Thee with all the fervour of my heart because of the celestial life Thou didst live on earth, until that happy day arrived, when, resplendent with glory and majesty, Thou wast raised to the sublime Throne prepared for Thee by the Blessed Trinity and crowned with immortal splendor, Queen of the Angels and Saints.

By that indescribable happiness which then filled Thy soul, I implore Thee to obtain from Thy beloved Son the graces for me to model my life as much as possible on Thine, so that I may merit hereafter to behold Thy radiant countenance and to pay homage to Thee in the Heavenly Court of Thy glory.

Sweet Queen of Heaven, assists me to gain the favours I ask for in this Novena. May the blessings I receive redound unto the glory of God until that happy day arrived, when, resplendent and unto Thy own honour. Amen.

The author of this Novena was Don Francisco de Gongora.


5 comments:

  1. Wish my wedding will be blessed by this Nuestra Señora de Gracia Parish if my I get married someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am by name Miss jane ,And i am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-boyfriend that I love so much. I had a boyfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when his friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to him just because he was been jealous of his friend that i was dating and on the scene my boyfriend just walk in and he thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to him that his friend always do this whenever he is not with me and i always refuse him but i never told him because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but he never believed me. he broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make him believe me but he never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. AKHERE and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

      Delete
  2. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am by name Miss jane ,And i am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-boyfriend that I love so much. I had a boyfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when his friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to him just because he was been jealous of his friend that i was dating and on the scene my boyfriend just walk in and he thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to him that his friend always do this whenever he is not with me and i always refuse him but i never told him because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but he never believed me. he broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make him believe me but he never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. AKHERE and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man DR OTONOKPO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR OTONOKPO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the DR assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email DR OTONOKPO on otonokpotemple@gmail.com sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on this number +2348114129781.




































































    I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man DR OTONOKPO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR OTONOKPO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the DR assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email DR OTONOKPO on otonokpotemple@gmail.com sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on this number +2348114129781.

    ReplyDelete